Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Document update after Studio created  (Read 8965 times)

JHANIKA

Document update after Studio created
« on: March 20, 2019, 03:13:05 PM »

Good afternoon all,

I am trying to update all folders/new folders to my studio project.

Is there a way to get new documents someone may have added to the parent folder on our server to sync/upload?

I am new to the studio side of BB and I have been deemed the task of basically being the Project Engineer/Coordinator. My main focus is Revit, but these guys hardly know how to use the mark up tool in BB.

Thanks in advanced!
Joe Hanika
BIM & VDC Coordinator
Project Coordinator

JHANIKA

Re: Document update after Studio created
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 03:25:10 PM »

To answer my own question, Yes. I thought I had done it before, but I could not replicate it. Clicking on the main file name and uploading folder seemed to do so. With this, it has put some duplicated files in it. For example "FILE NAME (1)" it hadded the (1).
Joe Hanika
BIM & VDC Coordinator
Project Coordinator

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

JHANIKA

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 08:26:46 AM »

I have seen that. The issue I am now running into it when I get the files/folders to upload from our server, I get a (1), (2), etc. after a handful of files. It is like it made a copy of it.

They are throwing me into this, and I think we need a dedicated person! I guess someone needs to start it, ehh? Thanks for the assistance!

Joe Hanika
BIM & VDC Coordinator
Project Coordinator

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 11:16:51 AM »

We don't use Studio as a "multi-user" platform much - mainly as a way to move large project files from location to location.  As near as I can tell, the only real "sync" functionality is that users can "check out" the documents they need - and when they check them back in, the changes are synced to the "masters" on the Studio server.  I don't think there is a way to keep a folder full of files on each PC synced to the server - or even on one PC.  Studio is based on everyone working on the copies on the server by checking them out.

When you download the folder from the server and then re-upload it, that's not a "sync" to the server.  It interprets that as you are just wanting to upload a COPY of the files, hence appending the (1).
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

JHANIKA

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 11:51:12 AM »

So basically, My company, more than likely only me..., will have to manually save these files on Bluebeam. Or save on a desktop and then manually upload the file to BBS? It would be great if there could be a "Central file" similar to Revit as the main folder.

Thanks for the help!
Joe Hanika
BIM & VDC Coordinator
Project Coordinator