Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Repeated disconnect/reconnect when computer in sleep mode  (Read 993 times)

jud2023

Repeated disconnect/reconnect when computer in sleep mode
« on: October 04, 2023, 10:03:09 AM »

I often like to stay logged-in to Bluebeam Studio (because logging-in is annoying), but when my computer sleeps the session repeatedly disconnects-reconnects. This is evidenced by the record that the session keeps. I realize this isn't a huge problem, but I'd like to fix it. I also realize that I could just log-out at the end of each day and the problem would go away...I just don't wanna. lol

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Repeated disconnect/reconnect when computer in sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 10:08:22 AM »

How can it reconnect whilst your computer is sleeping?

jud2023

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 10:41:34 AM »

Not sure! Check out the log. It's all through the night. Perhaps it's not really sleeping... :o

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 10:47:16 AM »

In "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings", you can set the sleep button to hibernate rather than sleep. See if that stops it being able to do things!

Search control panel in start menu and paste the path in quotations above if you don't know how to access it.

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 08:51:04 AM »

Any luck?

jud2023

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 10:46:50 AM »

Thanks for following up. I did not make a change, because a) it's already set to hibernate overnight and b) the issue still exists during the workday--ie anytime I don't have Bluebeam as the active app, it will do this. It's just the most annoying overnight. It's probably a connectivity/enterprise-level firewall thing that I need to talk to my IT dept about.

I did think of a workaround I could try: Bluebeam fortunately opens your sessions more/less as it was when you left it; so, maybe I can just leave the session at the end of the day, stay logged-in overnight, and still jump back in the next morning where I left off.