Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sets in Projects  (Read 7551 times)

carnahanad

Sets in Projects
« on: October 03, 2018, 05:52:34 PM »

Hello,

We've recently been the prime consultant on projects and we are trying to figure out the best way to keep drawings up to date for all of the sub consultants.  We like how Studio Projects are set up, but we haven't used them much.  We also like how Sets work for internal documentation of changes during construction.

What I want know is can a Set be created and added to with pdfs that are stored on a Project site?  I kind of tried it this afternoon and it seemed that I could only create sets with documents saved on my computer or on my company's network.  I couldn't navigate to the folders or files saved on the Project site.

Another option, I think, would be to sue the Batch Slip Sheet.  I don't have an Xtreme license, so I couldn't test.  However, the help video does seem to allow you to use "open" pdfs which I think would include checked out Project documents.  The Batch Slip Sheet process could be used to update a most current set of drawings.  I also want to avoid "adding" sheets one by one for larger projects and adding "OLD" or "OUTDATED" to revised sheets.

The idea is to avoid having to re upload a full pdf each time a change is made and to still have one document that includes all the discipline specific sheets, and the older sheets to have quick access to previous versions (this is why I like sets).  I'm open to other ideas as well.  Since I'm still new to using Projects, I'm sure I don't fully understand all the functions yet.

Thanks!

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Sets in Projects
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 07:11:17 AM »

This video might be of some help.  (The video has a few problems  in that the screen blacks out at times.  More annoying than anything else.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Q9eC2eCV4

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:18:02 AM by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

carnahanad

Re: Sets in Projects
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »

This is it!  I should have known there was a setting for location access.  We ran into this a few years ago when Bluebeam had a default to save to SharePoint.  We disabled this.  Thanks for the video!