Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Text Box not working like it used to  (Read 3106 times)

PSI Mike

Text Box not working like it used to
« on: August 28, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »

When I used Text Box in version 2015.6 I would create a box and I would be able to start typing into it and it would save whatever setting I used last.

Now when I use Text Box in version 2018.6 I create a box and it just sits there and I can't type into it. Then I need to hit escape and double click inside the box before I can type in it. Do I have a setting farkled up somewhere? Also it doesn't save the last setting each time I use it.

PSI Mike

W31Andrew

Re: Text Box not working like it used to
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 03:19:04 PM »

The text box works as expected for me, place it and start typing.
As far as remembering your last used settings here are a couple of things to look into.

Revu-->Preferences-->Tools-->Markup, make sure Dynamically Set as Default Properties is checked. In order for this to work you can select your tool, make the changes to the properties, and then place your markup. All future markups will use that as the default.

Your other option is to place your markup, make changes to the properties, and then select the box on the properties tab called Set as Default.

PSI Mike

Re: Text Box not working like it used to
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:53:10 AM »

Thanks for the reply W31Andrew.

I checked and I have this set like this "Revu-->Preferences-->Tools-->Markup, make sure Dynamically Set as Default Properties" After I used the text box a few times it started to remember my last setting.

I tried your other suggestion too, Your other option is to place your markup, make changes to the properties, and then select the box on the properties tab called Set as Default." this seemed to remember the settings as well. Thanks.

Still frustrated with this though, "when I use Text Box in version 2018.6 I create a box and it just sits there and I can't type into it. Then I need to hit escape and double click inside the box before I can type in it" I guess I can always uninstall and reinstall Bluebeam Revu.