Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Copy/Select existing Polylength properties to reuse  (Read 2230 times)

cwilkes

Copy/Select existing Polylength properties to reuse
« on: August 31, 2019, 09:14:17 AM »

I have searched and searched and cannot find how to take a new polylength measurement with the properties of an existing polylength markup without having to re-enter the properties each time.  I am aware how to use the Reuse function, however, this only works if the measurements are sequential.  In doing conduit take-offs, I may need to use a certain conduit assembly numerous times during the take-off, but it is usually not sequentially and typically is outside of the recent tools used.  I have tried saving them in a tool box but it keeps the entire polylength shape.  I just need the properties for a new markup.  I can't believe there is no way to right click and select something??

W31Andrew

Re: Copy/Select existing Polylength properties to reuse
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 06:43:40 PM »

It sounds like you are close. Once you add your custom tool to a tool set, then double click the tool. This will toggle it between Drawing Mode and Properties Mode. When it is in Properties Mode it will retain the properties and you can create new markups that are different from the original.