Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unlocking Markups in Sessions  (Read 2989 times)

NvArchitecture

Unlocking Markups in Sessions
« on: April 21, 2020, 10:14:12 AM »

We've marked up a PDF in sessions.  We then saved locally to add some blank pages for people to insert images as you can't do that in Sessions.  Now all mast markups are locked, even my own.  Somebody please help...so frustrating!

Bluebeam And Burgers

• Troy DeGroot
    • UChapter2
Re: Unlocking Markups in Sessions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 11:47:37 AM »

Because your User ID and your Display Name are different parameters in the settings it doesn't tie the two names together.  Sessions are set up to protect the markups, this, however, seems to be a bad symtom of good intentions. 
Check out all my Bluebeam resources from free blog and video content to a thriving user group called the Brainery, to quick 2-hour courses focused on workflows. https://uchapter2.com/

NvArchitecture

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 12:30:42 PM »

Totally well intentioned and useful, just seems that there should be an administrator override for unique situations.

MargaretHTS

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 12:53:47 PM »

The #1 complaint I get from users is that they can't edit their own markups after a document has been taken down from session, revised, & put back up. Bluebeam told me it was "to protect the integrity of the document" but it seems like something basic we should be able to do.