Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trying to save a new pdf from layers with bluebeam  (Read 7931 times)

BroKenTriPod

Trying to save a new pdf from layers with bluebeam
« on: April 20, 2019, 12:42:02 AM »

Hi all,
 I've been struggling for a while trying to teach myself Bluebeam. Unfortunately I know of no one else who uses the program. I've ran into a problem and would love some help. I've built one PDF with multiple configurations through the layers menu each representing one page of a drawing. Works great but I want to be able to save a separate PDF file from each configuration (preferably flattened and a smaller file size to share via email).  Hopefully this makes sense. Everything I've tried so far gives me all the layers one on top of the other. It would be nice to have one base PDF and be able to select my different configurations through the layers menu and save that configuration as a separate PDF. It's probably super easy for you all but it's been giving me a hard time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all,
Travis Parker

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Trying to save a new pdf from layers with bluebeam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 07:58:34 PM »

I don't use layers much and I scratched my head on this.  Surely SAVE AS or some other similar item would let you select the option to "merge" the layers?  It was a no go - I couldn't find anything.  Then a light went off in my head.  Try this:

1) Open the document with all your configurations
2) Select the configuration you want so what you see on screen is what you want in the final flattened new PDF
3) Select PRINT from the FILE menu
4) Instead of your default printer, select "Bluebeam PDF" as the driver/printer
5) Hit PRINT and name and set location of the new file
6) This should create a new, flattened PDF of just what was visible on your screen.  I tried a test and it worked here.

Let me know how it goes.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

BroKenTriPod

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 07:07:30 PM »

Oh mann!! Thank you so much. I know I tried this exact thing about a hundred times with no luck... but I must have somehow messed it up. It worked this time. I really appreciate your help.
-Travis Parker

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:31:28 PM »

Glad to hear it worked for you!
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp