Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CUSTOM STATUS CHANGES  (Read 3775 times)

Doobie

CUSTOM STATUS CHANGES
« on: April 16, 2019, 04:04:21 PM »

Heya, so I started recently with a new company, and while they are using Bluebeam they are basically using it like Paint. The don't use the Markups list, they don't use status changes, they simply mark it up and then use the highlighter to indicate completed redlines.

So I've been trying to introduce them many of the things Bluebeam can do, including Status changes. Here's the problem. And I'm not sure there's a solution.

They don't want the color to change when changing the status to complete, because they need that color during backcheck to make sure everything was done correctly. But they do want a visual representation from the modeler on the face of the sheet that indicates the redline was completed and is ready for backcheck.

Text only works on text redlines and completely obliterates the original redline text, so that's out.

What I need is a way to add something to the original redline when the status is changed to Complete. An underline, a box, a bit of text, something to visually indicate on the face of the drawing that the modeler has completed the redline when the coordinator backchecks it.

Is there any way to do that?

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: CUSTOM STATUS CHANGES
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 08:50:02 AM »

From what I can tell, the only option you have in creating a status change is to change the color of the markup, and/or change the content of a text box you have grouped to the markup.  Tutorial here: https://support.bluebeam.com/online-help/revu2018/Content/RevuHelp/Tutorials/Markups-List-Custom-Status.htm

You might be able to do something with JS - but that's beyond me.  I don't see anything in Revu's Scripting that would work either.  Sorry.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp