Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Create Image File from Snapshot  (Read 562 times)

schnapperdelahray

Create Image File from Snapshot
« on: August 11, 2023, 01:52:39 AM »

Hello,
First time posting in here so welcome and thankyou for this service.

I'm trying to create an image file, from the select tool, of a portion of a PDF I have open. This is to use as a high resolution file I wish to upload to another web accessed program. My aim is to create a Logo which I can upload and use on the top of stationary for my business. If I use the windows screenshot feature, the result is a very low resolution image file which looks out of place on my quotes/invoices etc which I generate using the web based program which I pay a reasonable amount per month in subscription fees. The web accessed program is excellent and connects to my accounting software, keeps records of clients and is really brilliant. The web program is called, "Tradify" and I have it linked to Xero.

Before now, as my logo, I simply used 2 large letters as my Logo. Now I want to incorporate that 2 letter image into a list of details about myself and my company, which really should be displayed on all my stationary.

I can open up the image file (.png) of the 2 letters, direct into Bluebeam Revu, and somehow copy and paste that into another PDF, and I have written all the information I want to include in my Logo (License Number, Company Registration details, address, email, etc). But if I then take a screenshot of that section of the PDF I want to convert into an image file using the windows screenshot/capture tool, all the text is blurry and it looks completely out of place with the rest of the text that is generated by the webpage program (again named Tradify). So when I want to send off an invoice, which legally should display my address and other tax information (ABN / ACN), I have this awful looking blurry image as my Logo, and then the other sections of the document which are generated by the webpage program (Tradify), are crisp and clear - and include specific details of the breakdowns of quotes and invoices.

I don't know what to do. The text in the image file doesn't have to match indistinguishably with the auto-generated text in the rest of the auto-generated document. But as I can open an image file directly in Bluebeam, I'd like to shrink the PDF page itself to be tight around what I want as my Logo / header, and then, "save as" a new (.png) image file.

I guess I could create a new landscape view PDF and just fill it completely with what I want to appear, but I thought there was some way to use the select tool or camera tool, to capture the part of the PDF I want?

Does Bluebeam have this functionality? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

schnapperdelahray

Re: Create Image File from Snapshot
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 02:14:55 AM »

I've just been playing with altering the "new PDF" size, and it really looks terrible. I'd upload an example proof but I'd have to delete personal information of one of my customers. Just looks really bad and I don't want to send out invoices looking the way they are. Please help!

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Create Image File from Snapshot
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 08:22:02 AM »

Hi,

Hopefully this helps

1. Revu > Preferences > Tools > Markup > Snapshot resolution ~> *Highest setting*

2. Use the bluebeam snapshot tool (G)

3. Paste a snapshot of your text into the png of your logo, or vice versa.

4. Crop the page using "Crop Pages" tool (Control - shift - O), if required.

5. Save as your bluebeam document and change the file type to png.