Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Go to ___ PDF on close" option  (Read 760 times)

kindlin

"Go to ___ PDF on close" option
« on: February 21, 2023, 04:43:15 PM »

If you close a PDF, bluebeam goes to the previous PDF you were viewing; it could be in a tab before your current doc, at the end of your tabs, or anywhere in he middle, it doesn't matter. BB remembers your tab view order and walks backwards through that order as you close each PDF.

I find this functionality clunky, I expect to go to the _next_ tab in the list. So, for example, if I have 5 tabs open, and I want to keep the latest one I opened (the furthest right tab) then I can click the left-most tab and ctrl-w all the other tabs, leaving only the one I want. Unfortunately, BB essentially randomly goes between all your open PDFs (based on last viewed) which always confuses me - I have no idea what order I viewed them in, however, I can visually see their order easily from the tabs, but that's just not their close order.

I'm hoping for an option such as "go to X when closing a PDF" with available options like: "Last Viewed", "Next PDF", "Previous PDF", "Blank Tab" and probably a couple other options I didn't immediately think of. The default option right would be Last Viewed and I'm hoping to find a way to make it Next Tab.

And yes, I know I can right click a tab and close all others, the above was just a simple example.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 11:45:21 AM by kindlin »