Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grouped Markups  (Read 7202 times)

Arinera

Grouped Markups
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:00:59 AM »

When I group markups, the group color will be displayed as the dominant markup. For example, if I have three markups in red, and one markup in green, if the green markup is the dominant one, the group shows green. When I then sort by color, all four markups are under the green group. Is there any way to keep the markups as a group, but to still separate each individual component of the group into their respective color groups?

Guilty-Ham

Re: Grouped Markups
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:48:20 AM »

I see what you need.  They do keep the perspective colors on the summary table, just not in the Subject column.  In the Color Column.

Just above the summary table, right next to search bar, their is a menu drop down.  Click and go to either Manage Columns or if the drop down has a list to pick from, check Color.  It will add a Color Column to your table and you will see the colors in that column. 

Hope this helps.

ADD:  If the Color Coumn is checked already, then you need to scroll the summary to the right.  I see the scroll bar on the bottom of your picture could scroll to the right.

Arinera

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 06:12:27 AM »

I have selected the colors column. however, if a grouping contains both red and green, but the dominant markup is green, the red markups will also be sorted into the green group. How can I get the red markups in a grouping to be sorted into the right group?

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 06:37:21 AM »

You cannot.  A group turns into an assembly, like one part.  The group cannot be broken and sorted until it is ungrouped.

I would use layers or labels instead of grouping.  It will sort as expected, yet maintain that the label or layer is part of a section area or assembly or your preference of ID.

Bluebeam And Burgers

• Troy DeGroot
    • UChapter2
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 06:05:04 PM »

I know this is an old post, I just join the group.  The dominant color is determined by the order you select the parts. The element you select first will be the color of the group.  Great question!
Check out all my Bluebeam resources from free blog and video content to a thriving user group called the Brainery, to quick 2-hour courses focused on workflows. https://uchapter2.com/