Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CUSTOM TOOLS - Importing Vector Images  (Read 11878 times)

Hunter88

CUSTOM TOOLS - Importing Vector Images
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:34:05 PM »

Hello All,

I have several vector images saved in an Illustrator eps file that I'm wanting to import and use in gif type format. They are plan symbols and such for SD/DD designs. To be clear, several drawn images in one document.  Is there a quick way to accomplish this? Ultimately I have thousands to import into various tool sets and the snapshot/adjustments/etc isn't realistic for what the amount I need to tackle.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: CUSTOM TOOLS - Importing Vector Images
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 11:33:48 PM »

If I am understanding you correctly, it sounds like you have many "pages" of Illustrator files.  Each page contains several images.  You want a way to automate opening the Illustrator page, extracting each object / element / graphic separately and creating a tool in your toolbox for each separate extracted item?

If that's correct - I don't know of any way for Revu to do that.  I'm guessing you would be better at looking at the "automation" features of Photoshop and other apps to break out all the separate images.  Unless each image on your "page" is on a separate layer (or some other way to definitively isolate itself from all the other images on the page) I don't have much hope for automating the process.

Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Hunter88

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:00:34 AM »

Steve, thanks and you are correct.

I've reached out to the graphics community to source the best method for extracting each element on a page as a separate file. Once I have success there, what is the ideal technique for importing many individual gif (or other if recommended) files? I have tinkered a bit trying various methods I have found online (snapshot, etc), but all are very laborious for even one single new tool.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:51:16 AM »

I don't see any way to add them quickly.  I opened a sample .btx file in a resource editor, wondering if there was a format you could use to add tools that way directly into the file.  Some of it was legible - some was text that was not decipherable.  For example, one entry was:

Code: [Select]
LSUDGTAHOTBXIUIT
Bluebeam.PDF.Annotations.AnnotationText
789c15c8cd0a40401406d057f9966cdc3b93858594a62c2db093c53037527eca55bcbd9ce5c973aafd26541f2ad4dee31ab9c5efb35c209421c81e7cfcbfbea750278f522393f60c86c96079a00a3623d77362c1490a3314c5078da118f2
drawing

The only other thing I can think is to try to use a macro recorder program.  Years ago on the Mac I used a program called QuicKeys.  There is a Windows version.  But both Mac and Windows versions haven't been updated in years.  I've used it to create some pretty complex macros is the past.  It can take a while to get a macro just right - but it helped me a lot of times.  This was back before Photoshop had automation built in and I often used it to batch process folders with hundreds of images in it.  Maybe using QuicKeys (or similar program) for file manipulation combined with Photoshop's automation to process and extract the images might work?  I'm just guessing here.

Short of asking someone at Bluebeam, I don't know of any way to automate adding lots of tools to a tool chest.  Maybe someone else might.

Sorry.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com

Hunter88

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »

I'll keep digging for programming clues. Bluebeam's HQ is only a couple blocks from me. Might be time to take a stroll. Will let you know if I come up with any information treasures, from them or any other sources.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:40:42 PM »

Good luck!  And definitely keep us posted!
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com