Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass Labelling Referencing  (Read 6266 times)

DLATHAM

Mass Labelling Referencing
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:58:13 AM »

Hi, could any one advise how to mass reference shapes with a code.

IE: I have a long list of external areas measured, and I would like to label all my grass areas as G001, G002, G003 etc. Is there an easier way to do this other than manually typing each ref into the label column?

Thanks,

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Mass Labelling Referencing
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 09:20:10 AM »

I don't see any easy way.  Was looking for a method of exporting, making changes, then bringing back in.  It would be nice if the markup list had a "fill down" option similar to Excel.

I looked at Quantity Link but that only works for numbers.  Exporting the markups might be an option - but I would test first and it may be more of a pain than just editing the columns.  You could try to export the markups as an XML file, then edit that file with a text editor and then import the markups back in.  You would want to import onto a blank copy of the drawing our you would get a duplicate set of markups imported.  You'd have to use XML as only XML and BAX markups can be imported.  And not sure how easy it would be to edit a BAX file.

Just brainstorming.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

DLATHAM

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 09:52:14 AM »

It doesn't need to be a specific reference, any random reference would suffice, just as long as each shape has it's own individual code.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:00:42 AM »

So you want just any unique identifier as long as each markup has it's own unique ID?  Am I understanding correctly?

If so, you might try creating a custom column in the markup list and then use the ColumnsExport scripting command to export that column to XML, then open the XML file in Excel and place an identifier of "1" in the custom column and have Excel increment that by 1 all down the sheet.  Save back as XML and bring back into Revu using the ColumnsImport script.

Again - a lot of work and you'd have to "write" the scripts and would need to be tested as I'm just theorizing.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:06:17 AM by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 04:31:11 AM »

Why not just turn on the sequence column that has the date and time?  Use the time as the identifier, date, hour, minutes, seconds.