Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding lines using arrows and dimensions only.  (Read 547 times)

2tall2call

Adding lines using arrows and dimensions only.
« on: February 16, 2024, 12:18:19 PM »

Hello All. I'm mostly in pinball forums but thought I would give this a try. I use design software that when you want to create a line, Say I was drawing a house floor plan, I could tell a line to go up 10'-6", enter, right 6" enter, down 20' enter, and so forth until I closed it out. Of course I had to set the scale first. Will Bluebeam do this?
Mike.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 04:08:32 PM by 2tall2call »

kindlin

Re: Adding lines using arrows and dimensions only.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 04:12:52 PM »

Bluebeam is not CAD software, which is exactly what you're describing happens in, for example, AutoCAD.

When I want to draw things to scale, step one is set the scale, then draw a dimension and edit the dimension to set the value to each dimension you need, say 5', 10', 20', etc. Then you can snap a normal line, rectangle, circle, or anything else, to those setup dimensions. Every length needs to be measured and set via some dimension and then you can snap to each one as required to draw what you need to scale. It's also helpful to get used to combining markups and rotating them (as you cant just "rotate" a line, but you can if you group it with anything, even just a temporary line).

It's not perfect, but this is still by FAR the best PDF viewer I've ever used.

2tall2call

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 11:24:24 AM »

That's exactly how I have been using the line tool. Just hoping there was a different way. Thanks for the reply Kindlin.

MelonHead

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 10:16:42 AM »

« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 01:50:00 PM by MelonHead »