Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lock text orientation  (Read 667 times)

Rado

Lock text orientation
« on: January 26, 2024, 03:04:55 AM »

I am creating symbols, and you like to create a tool chest. What I would like to do is create a Box, octagon or whatever. I would then like to create a text box and put a letter in it. Once this is done, I would like to group it. However, the orientation of the tool chest with letters is not locked together. For instance, if I insert the newly created symbol (box with letter A in it). Once I rotate the box, the A locks with the symbol. I don't want this, I want the A to not move with the symbol.. Any ideas on how I can create a tool chest with one symbol that will allow the A to lock at 180 degrees, regardless of any rotation of the box it is contained within?

Is there update on this topic. Thank you.

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Lock text orientation
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 09:25:50 AM »

The only way I can think to do this would be to hold alt whilst the group is selected. This then lets you move the group items independantly of each other, so you can translate or rotate the box/octagon, or text.

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if not!

kindlin

Re: Lock text orientation
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 04:20:26 PM »

The basic answer is that you're describing the fully fleshed out features of real CAD software blocks, like AutoCAD for example - you can do exactly what you're asking for in AutoCAD with a few clicks. Now, in Blubeam, I don't think that will be possible. That would require an entire expanded block-creation feature in BB. This would be pretty nice, but then we really are approaching a piece of CAD software rather than a fully-featured PDF viewer.