Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
 on: February 22, 2024, 04:27:33 PM 
Started by Roelofse - Last post by kindlin
I've basically said this 4 times in as many threads, but it sounds like you are looking for BLOCKS inside a typical CAD program, like AutoCAD, where your exact functionality is present. Edit blocks, edit in place, editing them updates all other blocks, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't know any features just like that in BB. I thought right click > update toolchest properties might be a thing, but there is just Update Defaults, which isn't the same as the toolchest.

on: February 22, 2024, 04:22:35 PM 
Started by Pinoy_707 - Last post by kindlin
Trying checking the security settings (Ctrl-L), you are likely Restricted from editing that particular PDF. You can either unlock it if you can, or ask the originating company/source to provide an unrestricted version. You can also just print it to PDF or use any number of various online tools to strip the security, but be careful as you may be doing something you're not supposed to be doing (or even illegal) if you just starting stripping out security restrictions.

on: February 22, 2024, 04:20:26 PM 
Started by Rado - Last post by kindlin
The basic answer is that you're describing the fully fleshed out features of real CAD software blocks, like AutoCAD for example - you can do exactly what you're asking for in AutoCAD with a few clicks. Now, in Blubeam, I don't think that will be possible. That would require an entire expanded block-creation feature in BB. This would be pretty nice, but then we really are approaching a piece of CAD software rather than a fully-featured PDF viewer.

on: February 22, 2024, 04:16:09 PM 
Started by gsernaCSI - Last post by kindlin
Check the cog wheel in the top left of your screenshot, change it from Detail to Symbol, and then you'll get:
(PS: How did you insert that screenshot? I've attached my screenshot, does this work the same way? Let's find out.)
EDIT: (PSS: Apparently attaching it does work like that.)

on: February 22, 2024, 04:12:52 PM 
Started by 2tall2call - Last post by kindlin
Bluebeam is not CAD software, which is exactly what you're describing happens in, for example, AutoCAD.

When I want to draw things to scale, step one is set the scale, then draw a dimension and edit the dimension to set the value to each dimension you need, say 5', 10', 20', etc. Then you can snap a normal line, rectangle, circle, or anything else, to those setup dimensions. Every length needs to be measured and set via some dimension and then you can snap to each one as required to draw what you need to scale. It's also helpful to get used to combining markups and rotating them (as you cant just "rotate" a line, but you can if you group it with anything, even just a temporary line).

It's not perfect, but this is still by FAR the best PDF viewer I've ever used.

on: February 22, 2024, 04:07:35 PM 
Started by ballense - Last post by kindlin
I don't believe any auto-magic commands just do this kind of calculation, it's much too complex of a question for a typical BB function to solve. I'm actually not even entirely sure what you're really trying to do, as it's not like every piece of rebar will be drawn in BB or on plan, or anywhere else, unless you got a really bored drafter or cluttered drafting standards.

You can layout an area calc in BB and give it a thickness for volume purposes, but you can easily do that outside of BB once you have the area, too. For any kind of linear take off, you're just going to need to trace over the info you are trying to take-down with the length measurement and convert each measured length to the corresponding rebar type and length, etc.

Maybe I'm missing some awesome functionality that BB has, or that any pdf viewer could even have, but I don't think so.

on: February 22, 2024, 04:02:32 PM 
Started by kindlin - Last post by kindlin
When you search for text in bluebeam (Ctrl-f), it searches all of your past searches and autofills the nearest search as you type.  Hitting enter to start a search automatically uses the autofill suggestion instead of what you've actually typed. I am CONSTANTLY finding nothing as I start searches for the wrong text. BB THINKS it knows what I want to search for, but no, trust me, I know what I'm trying to search for, and I type it.

I wish I could disable this autofill behavior entirely. Having enter NOT select the autofill would work fine too, usually you need to hit tab to accept an autofill suggestion, but not in Bluebeam, hitting enter always grabs the wrong text.

My current solution includes just remembering to always hit backspace before searching to delete the autofill, until it just happens to be an entirely new search, and then my backspace hits the last character of my search instead an autofill that isn't there.

on: February 22, 2024, 03:52:59 PM 
Started by kc27315 - Last post by kindlin
This post did it for me from my own thread:
http://revuhelp.com/forum/index.php?topic=585.0;topicseen

Preferences > General > Document > Disable Find Hyperlinks

Cheers!

on: February 22, 2024, 03:51:18 PM 
Started by kindlin - Last post by kindlin
That worked btw, thank you!

on: February 19, 2024, 05:49:21 AM 
Started by ballense - Last post by CHARLIEEASTWOOD
Uchapter 2 has released a video on cut and fill volumes. Perhaps you can get something to work for your needs

Bluebeam Revu - Cut and Fill Calculations in Plan View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGIpTxQTgJE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10