Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bluebeam Toolchest advanced Setup  (Read 2301 times)

StrucDrafter

Bluebeam Toolchest advanced Setup
« on: January 27, 2021, 01:09:39 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so apologies if anything's unclear.  I'll be happy to expand upon any part of it if you have questions.
Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to figure out how to create a custom toolchest for Bluebeam 2020, which has an icon for each size of W-Wide Flange sections that we use in our buildings. Once created, I want to have a single icon for each size.

Here's where it gets hard:

I want to be able to, after selecting a toolchest icon, and while deciding where to place it on a sheet (when the section is following the mouse, before I click to place it on the sheet), press a button to change the section to another orthographic view (side, top, then back to section, cycling between the three).

EX: click the size of W-Wide Flange I want from the toolchest, then press Tab twice to change to side view, then top view. press " ` " (tilde) to rotate 90 degrees. Click on the page to place it, then stretch to the length desired.

I've also figured out how to create stetchable toolchest versions of the side and top views of all my sections with help from some blogs listed here, but I haven't yet figured out how to "link" those elements to the sections, so that I can use a button command to switch between the two. This would help immensely to pare down the number of toolchests that each member of the team needs to import to their VM.

I am also stumped on setting a rotation hotkey for elements. It seems that all resources online point to the hotkey commands to rotate entire pages, and that the capability to rotate single selected markup elements has yet to be implemented.

With the section marks, I would again like to have a hotkey to rotate them 90 degrees, like stated above.

I would also like to be able to stretch the markup without stretching the arrow at the top of the markup. We use an amount of long section lines, and the distortion makes the arrow look bad.

Have any of you found a way to do this?

Thanks for taking the time to read it all, I know it was long.