Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Markups and Legends  (Read 543 times)

livingthedream

Markups and Legends
« on: July 21, 2023, 01:46:21 AM »

Hi all, I cannot find an answer to why my markups seem to be cloned instead of copied. When I apply a legend to a markup, it effects several markups at once. This also happens when selected directly from the Tool Chest.

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Markups and Legends
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 03:56:07 AM »

Sorry I don't quite follow. What do you mean by the mark-ups are cloned?

livingthedream

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 04:56:12 AM »

Hard to explain, but, when I create a markup (eg from a snapshot) add to the tool chest, then when I add it to my plan, I assign a legend, all good right? When I grab another one from the tool chest, place it on the drawing, assign a legend, it changes both to the second legend (if I change the first, then it changes both). This keeps going for the third and fourth etc. So it seems I cannot have 3 or 4 markups each with their own legend. Same issue also applies if I grab a markup (or count) from the tool chest, apply to the drawing, copy and paste the markup, it will treat both like a clone and the legend will only stay with one or the other. This is only happening to certain markups, some are behaving like they should. Have I done something wrong creating the markup in the first instance? Hope that makes sense.

livingthedream

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 05:21:01 AM »

I just figured out if I change the subject name (like adding 1, 2, 3, 4 to each markup) BB will disassociate each markup from each other. Is this the only way BB will treat markups separately?