Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tool appearance options no longer showing on my toolbar.  (Read 571 times)

e.doll45

Tool appearance options no longer showing on my toolbar.
« on: June 30, 2023, 10:14:56 AM »

I have always been able to make an annotation (line, polyline, callout, rectangle, etc.) and then select it and in the upper toolbar frame of the application there are options where I can change the color, or the thickness, or transparency, etc.  It's just always shows when I select an annotation/shape that I add to a PDF.

Well, today when I opened a file that "tray" or those 'appearance options' are gone when i select an element that I added to my pdf.  I have searched for hours in the program and online and just cannot figure out how to get that 'tray' to show back up. The problem is this is a difficult thing to describe over text. Attached is a screen shot with a green box where i typically see the appearance options to edit the element (red circle) that i select. Hopefully i am describing it correctly and hopefully there is a setting that i just need to find and it is an easy fix.

Many thanks in advance and i look forward to hearing from someone soon!

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Tool appearance options no longer showing on my toolbar.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 08:13:57 AM »

I'm not sure anything has attached itself! Something about the folder being full, assume that is a server thing...

Is it like my screenshot? I've uploaded to wetransfer since server won't allow it. https://we.tl/t-eHC6aKIGuE

e.doll45

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 04:28:06 PM »

Yes. Your screen shot shows what I am used to having - but all of a sudden those options to change the appearance of things doesn't show up when I click on a shape or text box or whatever that I add to my file.  I can add stuff just fine, the only way i can edit things is by opening up the properties cog wheel on the left side.  which is doable - but a bit more cumbersome.  Just don't understand why this is happening.

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 05:05:45 AM »

Go to Tools > Toolbars > Properties Toolbar to hide or show it, depending on its current state.

e.doll45

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 09:45:52 AM »

Hey, that is what I was looking for!  Cannot believe I couldn't find it before.

Thanks!

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 09:51:37 AM »

Anytime, glad I could help.