Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PDFs slow to open when double clicked - PLEASE HELP  (Read 1056 times)

williamset

PDFs slow to open when double clicked - PLEASE HELP
« on: March 09, 2023, 04:32:36 PM »

A month or so ago, PDFs opened by double clicking started to take ~15 seconds to open. However, if I drag and drop the file onto Bluebeam, or do file->open, or use the Bluebeam history, the file opens nearly instantly.

It doesn't matter if Bluebeam is already running or not. The file size and content does not seem to have a significant effect. It also doesn't matter if the file is local or on a network. Files open quickly in Adobe and other viewers.

I'm using Revu x64 CAD version 20.2.85 and running Windows 10 Pro.

Any ideas?

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: PDFs slow to open when double clicked - PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 10:40:38 AM »

Try reinstall it?

williamset

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 12:33:03 PM »

Tried that. Also had my company's IT manager work pull a ticket with Bluebeam. They had us change to an older version video driver, but that didn't help. It might have made it worse...

Is anyone else having this issue?

williamset

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 06:36:37 AM »

We tried Revu 21 as well and it was no better. Bluebeam has admitted to my company's IT administrator that there is an issue on their end that is affecting many of their users. Bluebeam has requested data logs from various machines within my company and are supposedly working on an update to Revu 20 to fix the issue.

Again, we can open PDFs quickly by going to file->open or by dragging and dropping on to Revu. However, double clicking a file from Windows Explorer or from an email attachment can be painfully slow. It's very weird.

bjohnsonstl

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 09:47:43 AM »

We're having issues now where Bluebeam is breaking SMB shares after it is used.  It's a huge issue that's causing all kinds of problems.  We are rolling back our upgrades.  Luckily it's just a few users.  05-2022 patch from Microsoft has SMB improvements for large file copying and I think this patch has just screwed everything up with Bluebeam.