Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to change so I can close a PDF without it asking to save every time.  (Read 6744 times)

Dolllandarch

Hello,

I am noticing that certain PDFs opened in Revu have an asterisk (*) at the end of the file name in the tabs. Not sure why. But these files with the asterisk always ask me if I want to save them before closing, even if I do not even pan/zoom or click on them.  For example I can plot a pdf from cad and have it open in revu and then i will go to close it immediately and it will ask me if I want to save it....when i didn't even do anything to it.  Furthermore, other pdfs that i get from the web or that are created by other software do not have the asterisk.

Im thinking there is a setting somewhere but I am having a difficult time finding it. I would appreciate it if someone might be able to help me understand why some files have the asterisk next to the name - which i believe is causing the "do you want to save before closing" prompt.

Thanks,

W31Andrew

An asterisk means that a change has been made to the document, and it hasn't been saved yet. I'm 90% sure I know why it's doing this, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm guessing that at some point in time you got the attached message about automatically deleting untitled viewports and checked the box and clicked yes. Now every time you open a file with untitled viewport (common in CAD files) it automatically deletes them which it recognizes as a change to the document that needs to be saved. The problem is that I can't find any setting that lets you undo this selection.

My suggestion would be backing up your settings, resetting to default, and then reloading your settings to see if this works.
To backup and reset your settings, within Administrator:
- Search your PC for Bluebeam Administrator
- Close Revu if it is open and leave the Administrator up.
- Click the Revu tab.
- Click the "Backup Settings" button.
- Save the file to a location of your choice.
- Now click the "Reset Settings" button.
- Click "Yes" when prompted and click "OK".
- Relaunch Revu and see if the behavior has changed.

Bluebeam And Burgers

• Troy DeGroot
    • UChapter2

Good thought @W31Andrew. I looked and it was under my nose.  Revu>Preferences>General>Options at the bottom of the window there is a button for "Reset Hidden Messages". If that's the cause, this would turn that warning back on.  Or just know it's deleting the viewports and you need to save it.
Check out all my Bluebeam resources from free blog and video content to a thriving user group called the Brainery, to quick 2-hour courses focused on workflows. https://uchapter2.com/

W31Andrew

Thanks for pointing that out Troy! I was looking for a checkbox and completely missed that button.

kindlin

Because it does SOUND like an option, but apparently 'messages that change program functionality' is not the same thing as an 'option'.