Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Markups position does not stay related to graphics after changing the paper size  (Read 1715 times)

Antoneus

Hi everyone! This is my first post and hope someone can help me as I'm not a BB master. I have a colleague that heavily marked up a pdf and placed the notes on the outside edges of the pdf. BlueBeam will view it fine, but other pdf viewers do not see them. Flattening just chops them off. I thought a simple page setup and increasing the paper size would solve this. Unfortunately, when I do this and shift the graphics to center on the new paper size, the markups stay in their original position. They do not move with the re-positioned graphics. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I cannot provide much of the actual pdf due to the contents, sorry. I attached a screenshot of the right side of the pdf.

W31Andrew

I believe that markups are tied to X-Y coordinates which may affect how they move when the page is resized and scaled. I would suggest playing with the "Fit To Media" drop box and the "Scale" options in Page Setup. I think you should try something like turning off AutoScale and keeping it at 100%, increase the width of the page, and Align Left. This should work.
If you have markups off all sides of the page, not just the right side, then use Align Center.

ctgcwiqc

If your workflow permits, I have been flattening the page(s) to be resized prior to resizing them.  Works for me unless I need to unflatten then likely that would be a problem.  Did you find a better solution?