Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crop with a "Trim Box" ?  (Read 490 times)

mcoffin

Crop with a "Trim Box" ?
« on: October 25, 2023, 01:18:16 PM »

Howdy-

I'm trying to remove page numbering from the footers of a stack of pages that was put in the footer by the software that generated the original pages - not native footers from Bluebeam. Doing the batch Crop method doesn't really work since I'm only after removal of page numbers and I'd like to keep the other footer data intact.

When fiddling with the Page Setup / Crop dialog box, there's an option that I'd hoped would work called "Trim Box" on the pulldown menu (see attached screen shot). I've selected the space that I'd hoped would be trimmed but it doesn't do anything after clicking "OK". So far, reading and searching the Bluebeam documentation returns zero results for the "Trim Box" option.

Anyone managed to pull this off? I'm running Bluebeam Revu 21.0.45 on a Windoze 11 machine.

Thanks,
Mike

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Crop with a "Trim Box" ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 01:06:22 PM »

Hi Mike,

Had a play with trim but it's not obvious what the difference is.

Could you just draw a white box over the page number area and apply mark-up to all pages? You could then flatten the document before it is issued etc.

mcoffin

Re: Crop with a "Trim Box" ?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 04:38:44 PM »

Hi Charlie-

What you suggested was my planned workaround (and I just implemented it and it worked fine). Thanks. Weird that there's this "Trim Box" option and it doesn't seem to work nor is there any documentation. Some day...

-Mike