Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Status Models  (Read 2335 times)

ausa

Custom Status Models
« on: January 18, 2021, 08:41:10 AM »

Does anyone know where custom status model states are stored within a profile? When editing a profile in notepad I see where the default status and whether set to visible or not, but I'm not seeing where the custom status information is kept.

I see some cryptic information in the "StateModels" section (BSI_XYZ...) that might control the visibility of the custom statuses, but I'm looking to edit a custom status within a Profile without having to open it within Revu and then resave it.

Bluebeam And Burgers

• Troy DeGroot
    • UChapter2
Re: Custom Status Models
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 08:16:40 AM »

When I've created custom statuses in the past we always run into the issue of the custom columns live in the document so the document determines which ones are visible, including custom statuses. To load the statuses into an existing pdf, you have to go into the custom column dialog and import the CustomColumn.xml file. I'm not sure if this helps, but if you can script the import of that file, you should be good to go. This is only an issue with pdfs that were previously opened in a different Profile, so hopefully, the problem fixes itself over time as users are all on the current Profile.
Check out all my Bluebeam resources from free blog and video content to a thriving user group called the Brainery, to quick 2-hour courses focused on workflows. https://uchapter2.com/