Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced Markup Help  (Read 2344 times)

rrkroll1

Advanced Markup Help
« on: August 26, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »

Hi guys, Im new to the forum but very glad there is still a place for help.  I am looking to make my life much easier if possible by modifying markups to show me the data I need in the markup list at the bottom of the screen.   I have attached a copy of a typical drawing with my markups on it.  This is a weld map, so each markup has data that I would like to tie together in 2 separate text boxes.  The first piece of data is the weld number, the second is the welders stencil.  I have tried to group the text boxes with the markup but then it doesnt show the data in the comments column.  I have also tried ungrouping them but then it shows the markups as being separate.  My pie in the sky goal is to be able to export the data in the markups to a .csv file where weld number and welder stencil would be in 2 separate columns in the same row of the .csv  Is this even remotely possible?

W31Andrew

Re: Advanced Markup Help
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »

When grouping your markups, the order in which they are selected is very important. Hold ctrl+shift and then select the textboxes in the order you want the text to be displayed in the comments column, then group them. For example select X-225, then DG, then the circle, then the line, and then group. Now the text will display in that order in the comments column.
If you want them to appear in different columns you are better off creating two new custom columns (one for weld number and one for welder's stencil). Then when you export, these columns will appear in the CSV file.