Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Edit Custom Markup in Toolchest  (Read 675 times)

Roelofse

Edit Custom Markup in Toolchest
« on: January 03, 2024, 04:43:16 PM »

Hello everyone...

I have made custom markups, added them to my toolchest, but realized the value in adding more information to them than what is in there now (such as make/model/size, etc).
Is there a way to edit these without having to remake all of them?  The only way I have figured out how to do it now is to add one of the markups to a drawing, edit it, and then "Add to Toolchest" again.  But this will be very tedious, but also, in future, something might change and I would need to edit it again.

Is this possible?  If so, how?

Thanks,
Jacques

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Edit Custom Markup in Toolchest
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 06:49:29 AM »

Had a thought regarding this, though it depends a little on what exactly the purpose of the mark-up is.

If you don't need to interact with the mark-up other than positioning each one on the page, I think it's feasible to set up your mark-up as a stamp. You could then select the placed mark-up and redefine as the new stamp if you make an update.

kindlin

Re: Edit Custom Markup in Toolchest
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 04:27:33 PM »

I've basically said this 4 times in as many threads, but it sounds like you are looking for BLOCKS inside a typical CAD program, like AutoCAD, where your exact functionality is present. Edit blocks, edit in place, editing them updates all other blocks, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't know any features just like that in BB. I thought right click > update toolchest properties might be a thing, but there is just Update Defaults, which isn't the same as the toolchest.