Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why, after Undo, does the Tool I was using becomes Deactivated?  (Read 651 times)

GaXve

I'm trying to mark up some PDF drawings with my Touchscreen and Electronic Pen. Of course I make mistakes, so I click Undo. Every time I do, the Highlighting Tool I was using Deactivates, and the Selection Tool (or Hand Tool) becomes Active. I have to RE-Select the Tool I was using every time. This is very bothersome, and a waste of time.

I looked Online, but there doesn't seem to have that much information available in terms of "BlueBeam Help". I checked the "Reuse Tools" Setting (in Tools > Markup), hoping this would solve my issue, but it has not.

Is there a Setting that can prevent this "Reverting to Selection Tools"?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 02:28:30 PM by GaXve »

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Why, after Undo, does the Tool I was using becomes Deactivated?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 10:27:50 AM »

Yeah it is pretty annoying but I'm not sure there is a solution other than using a different editor, or having some keyboard shortcuts for the common tools. Combined with the "Reuse Tools" setting you found this would streamline it a bit I guess.

Undo reverts the document to a previous document state, so it seems like they have just made it reset to a previous 'save'. Other editors manage it so it is a shame they haven't bothered putting this in.