Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Millwork contractor - need help developing a toolset for casework library  (Read 6900 times)

mattm

I am a millwork contractor that has been using bluebeam for a variety of things including estimating. Currently I have some very basic takeoff tools (area for paneling, linear foot for cabinets, counter tops, fixtures and trim). My engineering software has a huge library of different types of casework that I would like to import into bluebeam and use (see attached). If I can select each of these as a unique area measurement, markup the elevation to get my length and height and add a depth I can import the takeoff information directly into my engineering software and use that as my engine to create my labor and material estimates.

Does anyone have any experience with developing a system like this?

Thanks for reading

Guilty-Ham

Yeah but I would need to know how you want your outputs to read and what type of multipliers you want as expressions.

mattm

What do you mean by multipliers?

Check out the picture for what I'd like to see in the document (guessing that's what you mean by outputs). If it's an area measurement bluebeam will calculate the height and width so I'd just need to enter a depth and my engineering software can process the information into labor and materials.

Hope this helps to clarify

Guilty-Ham

Why not just use the Volume Function?  Shift+Alt+V.  You enter the Depth as it automatically figures the area and gives you total cubic foot. 

That is the way I understand as the final product you are seeking.  Is this correct?  Total cubic foot?