Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Orthogonal lock  (Read 23635 times)

HCTP

Orthogonal lock
« on: February 08, 2018, 05:47:54 AM »

Hi,

ON my PC I can lock a line to the orthoganal grid by holding donw the shift key, on my mac at work, we run parallels for windows so we can run bluebeam and revit. the shift key will not assist you in drawing an orthogonal line. is there a way to do this?

thanks

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Orthogonal lock
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 06:29:27 AM »

Are you running Revu inside Parallels on the Mac, or are you using Parallels Access to log into the Windows machine remotely to run Revu?

I have a feeling that the problem may be key mapping between the Mac and Windows running inside Access.

I use Access to log in to my work PC from my home Mac.  But I don't have access to license codes to install Revu on my Mac (inside Parallels) so I can't test it.  I'll see if I can get Revu into Parallels in the trial mode and let you know what I find out.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

HCTP

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »

We are running parallels on a Mac. Thanks for looking into to it. If you find the cure, you’ll make 15 Architects very happy.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:21:49 PM »

Took a while (had to update Parallels and re-install Windows and download Revu Trial).  On my Mac, running Revu in Windows 7 Pro in Parallels the line tool WILL constrain to 45 degree increments IF you press the shift key BEFORE you click and start the line.  If you press the shift key AFTER you start the line, it will not visibly constrain the line while you draw the line - but if you end the line close to one of the 45 degree increments, it will snap to it.  This latter is really weird - but it works.

With the polyline tool, it gets even more weird.  Start the line, then press and hold command-shift.  The line doesn't visibly constrain - but get it close to a 45 degree increment and click, then it does snap to that constrain.  THEN release command-shift.  If you want the next segment of the poly line to constrain, then press command-shift AGAIN and the process repeats.  But you must press and release for each segment of the poly line you want to constrain.  But it won't visibly constrain until he release - which is very weird.

That's what I've found so far.  Sounds pretty buggy to me.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

HCTP

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 09:38:31 AM »

Hey man that’s incredible!
I’ll check it out tomorrow at work.
Thank you very much. I do QC all our projects and I’m always drawings lines to illustrate a point or draw a quick detail and not having horiz or vertical lines was maddening.

Cheers