Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bluebeam Tool Chest Markups - Layers & Subject Information Keep Disappearing  (Read 984 times)

jmontgomery

The last few months I noticed that in my 2020 version of bluebeam, the markups in my tool chest aren't functioning correctly. In past versions, my tool chest which has numerous saved markups with custom defined layer and subject details worked perfectly when doing takeoffs. Now in 2020 when I try to use predefined markups from my tool chest the layer or subject description completely vanishes from the markup summary and erases it also from my tool chest. This is a huge frustration! After 2 months of working/back and forth with bluebeam support they have gotten back to me and acknowledged this is a "bug" that they are working on a fix for. They noted the following workaround in version 2020 which i haven't tried yet

"This is scheduled for a fix early in the new year 2023. For now, the current workarounds are as follows:
- Apply the Layers after the markups manually
- Downgrade to Revu 20.2.70
- Group the markups in the markup list and ungroup them- the layers are shown again

I understand this feature not working correctly is really frustrating but our internal teams are aware of the issue and are working diligently to ensure the forthcoming release release of Revu resolves this issue."

I noted that versions of 2019 bluebeam and also the latest 2021 version of bluebeam don't have this issue so at the moment i'm using a trial version of 2021 and it seems to be completely fine.