Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tool Chest Issue  (Read 1160 times)

Zorko

Tool Chest Issue
« on: September 21, 2022, 02:47:51 PM »

Hi,

My Revu 20.2.85 64 Extreme and there is annoying problem.

I am using Tool Chest extensively in my workflow and recently I have a problem where layer name disappears from the tool in My Tools. This is how it looks after setting it up - how it should stay.

Here are the steps I am using to create the layer(s) and add them to the Tool Chest

• Create polylength, area or count.
  • Add to unlocked Tool Chest (I have made the standard tool headings without any items allocated)
  • Adjust properties & measurements which are in tool chest.
  • Add layer
  • Lock tool chest
The problem is that after some time using the items from tool chest, layers name is gone I have tried to find what is causing this but I couldn’t find the patten. This started happening two updates ago.
Is there a fix for this or a workaround? If you have any suggestions to improve the workflow for creating Tool Chest items please let me know.

Screenshot of missing layer name attached.
EDIT: Can't add screenshots, upload folder full. Message me and I can email them to you.

Thank you!

bignix

Re: Tool Chest Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 12:44:05 PM »

Have you had any luck resolving this issue?  Mine does the same thing and it is quite annoying.  My only work around is to re-import my tools, but it'd be nice if the issue was permanently resolved with a patch or something.

jmontgomery

Re: Tool Chest Issue
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 02:51:29 PM »

I am having the same issue! It's annoying as heck! I input the layer details and then BOOM use it one time and when i try to use it a 2nd time the layer properties reverts back to blank or i guess default which is annoying! I did find that if you use the markup 1 time and then click on another markup then re-click on the one you are wanting to use it works. It seems you can't use the same markup in your tool chest back to back otherwise the layer details you put in vanish.

(UPDATE: So this is in fact an issue bluebeam is aware of, i've been talking to their support team for 2 months and they finally emailed me back stating the following reply:

"This is scheduled for a fix early in the new year. For now, the current workarounds are as follows:
- Apply the Layers after the markups manually
- Downgrade to Revu 20.2.70
- Group the markups in the markup list and ungroup them- the layers are shown again

I understand this feature not working correctly is really frustrating but our internal teams are aware of the issue and are working diligently to ensure the forthcoming release release of Revu resolves this issue."

In case anyone is interested, i noted my other computer which has a 2019 version works just fine and i'm currently using a 2021 trial version which also is working just fine. So it appears this issue is just with certain 2020 versions.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 02:41:24 PM by jmontgomery »