Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: August 30, 2023, 04:48:19 AM 
Started by ballense - Last post by CHARLIEEASTWOOD
You're welcome! Glad you found a solution

on: August 29, 2023, 06:09:38 PM 
Started by livingthedream - Last post by livingthedream
I am trying to only publish/export selected layers of my drawing, however, all attempts to publish/export show ALL layers, even when I only have the ones I want selected.
Printing to PDF works, but it turns my floor plan "blotchy" and shades the walls different shades of grey in random sections. It doesn't look presentable.
Do I need to copy my document and delete the unwanted layers in order to publish the selected layers? Seems like a long way round to achieve what I need to do...... TIA

on: August 29, 2023, 03:34:04 PM 
Started by ballense - Last post by ballense
Thanks, Charlie.

That would work great (and thanks for that tip) if I were working with wall elevations, but I'm working with floor plans with sizes of the openings shown on the plan. After you mentioned "cutout", I thought, maybe I can do a perimeter line the length of the opening and give it a negative depth. Voila! It works and the negative area subtracts from the gross area! I'm happy!

on: August 29, 2023, 05:39:04 AM 
Started by ballense - Last post by CHARLIEEASTWOOD
Use area measurement on the whole wall (Control-shift-a), then use the polygon cut out tool to outline the opening (Found on ribbon in Tools-measure)

on: August 27, 2023, 07:41:32 AM 
When doing a takeoff for wall area, how does one subtract doors and windows?

Thank you,

on: August 25, 2023, 10:27:28 PM 
I figured out what my problem was. I put an invalid entry in the subject field. Once I cleared it out, it worked fine

I found it was simpler to use the Excel link feature (I have the Extreme version). It's much easier to use the link rather than create custom columns, especially if I'm working with several types of markups such as slabs with bars at a specified spacing or a beam with a fixed number of bars top and bottom. I would end up having different custom columns for both situations. Reminds me of parameters in Revit.

Anyway, I'm happy now.

on: August 24, 2023, 01:27:05 AM 
I'm trying to add reinforcing steel to my slab on grade. I can put in the spacing and get it to determine the lineal footage of the rebar, but I cannot seem to add the bar size and price per foot of each bar size. See attached. What am I doing wrong?
Also, I don't want to calculate total depth. How do I turn that off?
Thank you,

on: August 21, 2023, 11:21:19 AM 
I'm a Revu noobie.
How to I get quantities of both concrete (cu yds) and reinforcing (either LF or lbs) for:
Concrete slab?
Continuous footings?
Pad Footings?
Dowels (count based on spacing in a polysegment?)?
I've searched for videos to no avail.
Thank you

on: August 21, 2023, 11:11:44 AM 
Revu noobie here.
I am trying to use a polysegment to represent a continuous footing. However, in addition to length, I would also like to calculate volume. I see a depth field and width field. Under properties, I can enter the depth, but I cannot enter the width.
How do I use this or do I need to use the volume tool instead?
Thank you,

on: August 18, 2023, 11:53:30 AM 
Started by Rob - Last post by CHARLIEEASTWOOD
If you right click on the caption of the dimension and "Reset caption position", what happens?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]