Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Locked Layer Issue  (Read 7789 times)

Troy4all

Locked Layer Issue
« on: October 05, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »

When toggling layer visibility if you Isolate any given layer it turns off all other layers even if they are locked "on". You have to Unlock the layers or Show all to make them visible again.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Locked Layer Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »

I think that is the way it is supposed to behave.  When you Isolate a layer, you are saying to hide all layers except the one I am isolating.  It's like on an audio mixing console - there is a SOLO button.  When you press that, it turns off all other channels so only the solo-ed channel is playing / recording.

Are you saying that when you then "un-isolate" the layer, the other layers don't return back to their initial shown / hidden states?  (Sorry - we don't use layers much here yet.)  You might submit this as a feature request to Bluebeam.

Also, have you looked into Layer Configurations?  That might be able to help you some if you save the layer setup as a Configuration before isolating.  You might be able to restore things then by switching to your saved Configuration.  There is info on Configurations here:
http://support.bluebeam.com/online-help/revu2017/Content/RevuHelp/03--View/01--Tabs/Layers/Using-Layer-Visibility--M.htm
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Troy4all

Re: Locked Layer Issue
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »

Are you saying that when you then "un-isolate" the layer, the other layers don't return back to their initial shown / hidden states?  (Sorry - we don't use layers much here yet.)  You might submit this as a feature request to Bluebeam.

That is what I was going for as there is no real way to "un-isolate" or go back before a layer was isolated without using some sort of layer configuration or manually re-(un)/checking the layer visibility.