Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Typewriter Markup  (Read 7431 times)

mugwee

Typewriter Markup
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »

We are a low voltage cabling contractor new to bluebeam 2018 standard. Whenever i try to markup drawings for cables using the typewriter tool horizontally it switches to vertical as soon as I click to move to another location. I searched for help and saw under settings for the typewriter tool that there were settings for horizontal and vertical. When I did this there were not any vertical settings. Also, sometimes the text when move slightly higher with every character.

We literally have about as easy of an application as needed but this is maddening. I even reset everything to factory specs in case a coworker had inadvertently changed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we need to get the as built drawings out fairly soon.

P.S. i did try to search on here for an answer before posing and couldnt find anything.
Thanks,

Scott

Re: Typewriter Markup
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »

Something similar was occurring for a user here.
It happened to be they were Rotating View(ctrl+shift+plus) and not Rotating Page (ctrl+shift+r).
They would use the tools and it would be orientated based on the page, not the view. Maybe something like that is happening for you there.

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 06:06:55 AM »

I found that I just type what I need, then hit enter, then click on the type and you will see a orange dot.  Grab that orange dot and rotate the text as needed.  If you hold CTL+Shift, you can rotate in odd degrees as needed. 

This will save time trying to rotate the drawings and is faster IMO.

Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 01:57:03 PM »

Another thing to try would be to create a tool chest item, and change the rotation default of the tool chest item. This might save you the manual rotation maybe.