Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stud Wall Measures  (Read 12185 times)

Gjjh25

Stud Wall Measures
« on: May 17, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions about setting up a mark up stud walls?

So we have a stud wall with a base, head and mid rail and studs at 400mm c/c. Also at each door opening or corner we have an additional stud.

I was thinking maybe the polyline tool and then all for the corners or opening as rise /drop length.

Anyone got any other suggestion please?

Guilty-Ham

Re: Stud Wall Measures
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 05:10:59 AM »

I just wrote the process to do this but this site has a habit of signing me out after a few minutes if I get up to get coffee.  When I clicked on Post, boom took me to sign in again and deleted my post.  bummer.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 09:51:02 AM »

The default log out time is 60 minutes unless you select "Stay Logged In" when you log in.  That is stored in a cookie on your computer.  If you clear your cache, or otherwise delete or block cookies, you will most likely get logged out sooner.

An unused session will also timeout after 48 minutes of total inactivity.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 10:04:21 AM »

OK

Gjjh25

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »

Thanks guilty ham,

Would you mind writing again if you get the chance pleas.

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 08:46:33 AM »

Using the Length tool. Scale a line to 400mm using Calibrate. Then hit esc one time, then click on it again to highlight the line, on the properties window, at Subject, give it a description. Example 50 x 100 x 2450 Metal Stud. Hit esc. Then click the measurement. Now go into Columns Manager, in the Dialog Box click Custom Columns tab, click Add, in the name box call it Stud Count, in the Type box click the drop down and click Formula. Now in Expression box type Length/400. In the Format box click Normal, then set the decimal places desired then click OK. Now in the Dialog Box click Save to Profile then click OK.

Now save this length tool to your Tool Chest. In the tool Chest where this new Markup is, click it, put it on the sheet close to where you want it. Then drag one end of it to the start point of the measurement and the other end to the end point. If you check your properties panel, under Custom Columns, it should show Stud Count and a number there. That number, even tho in decimal, represents how many studs you need in that length.

For the additional studs, just make a small rectangle using the rectangle markup tool. Give it the same name as the length "50 x 100 x 2450 Metal Stud" this way it will sort in the Subject Markup List properly. Now just save this to the same tool chest. Click on it, and click it onto the sheet near the length area where you want the extra studs. The rectangle is now a stud count tool.

There is another method that is more fun because it save a lot of time and allows you to have a tool ready with the extra studs for a door or just a regular wall or a wall where another wall intersection.  Kinda lengthy to write the procedure, it would sound difficult which it not. I call call it assembly is absolutely simple.

Here is a brief explain.  Use the new stud tool. Let use a wall 10'-0" long.  You have and intersecting wall in the middle.  So lets say you need 2 extra studs aat the end of the walls and 3 extra studs at the intersection.
So with the stud tool, click 5 of them on the sheet.  Then group these five.  Then highlight the group and give it a name- "One Intersection Wall".  Save this group to tool chest.

Now the fun, lets remember you gave these five studs a group name, you don't want that group name in the markup list, you want count.  When you place this markup on the sheet, ungroup it and all five studs become a count with the right description on the subject for each.

When you give a group a name, the items in that group do not inherit the name, they just become a group.  These item retain the original subject name and Cost and Labor if you had that already established in the Custom Columns Properties window.   Have Fun.

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 08:52:04 AM »

So make tools that grouped for windows, doors, 1 or 2 or 3 intersecting wall, just make sure to give the groups the proper group name and life is easy.

Gjjh25

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »

Thanks for that very helpful. I did wonder about how I would going about adding additional studs to the sides of door casings.

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 11:25:21 AM »

Yeah, just make a tool of assembled pieces for the door casing, e.i.-2 studs, header, and whatever is needed and group them, save to tool chest, place on sheet, then ungroup for subject description.  Again, enjoy!