Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: External/Downloadable Toolboxes and Callouts  (Read 7072 times)

JAXTOCE

External/Downloadable Toolboxes and Callouts
« on: May 21, 2019, 12:16:42 PM »

Hello all,

New to this forum and have only been using Bluebeam for a couple years now.

Had a quick question on external toolboxes or downloadable toolboxes. I know there is a section here for them and that Bluebeam has there own external toolboxes that you can download however, i cannot seem to find what i am looking for.

I'm currently at a roadwork company that uses Bluebeam to create Temporary Traffic Plans as well as other plans/documents, but my question is, when i use the callouts function to label where certain signs should be and what they look like/say, 1.) i cant seem to find a toolbox relating to street signs and 2.) i cant seem to figure out how to change the shape of a callout box to something other than the 3 standard shapes.

I've been creating these roadwork and street signs from scratch but after thinking about it i figured there had to be a street sign toolbox out there. As far as the callout tool goes, that might not even be possible but i figured i would ask some of you guys first before i completely ruled it out.

Thanks in advance

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: External/Downloadable Toolboxes and Callouts
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 12:36:25 PM »

I don't of any existing street related tool chests.  And there is no way to add other shapes to the callout option.  You would need to create some type of custom markup that did what you want and save that to your tool chest.

I think you are going to have to create custom solutions to your problems.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

StrevsLondon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 10:32:37 AM »

Hi,
Import pictures of what you want into the drawing (where you can change and adjust properties) and then save them to a tool set.
Cheers
Paul

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 11:42:21 AM »

Snap shots work pretty good.  I would be careful using too many in 2018 since it is known to cause crashes.  If you import snap shots and becomes problematic, trace over the snap shot to produce the tool and then delete the snap shot after the tracing is done.  Image shots create a large tool chest file over time.  2017 handles this great, now even better, especially after this mornings tweaking of the graphics control panel. 
Good Luck and have fun.