Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Count function not totaling?  (Read 4694 times)

d_welch

Count function not totaling?
« on: April 17, 2019, 10:47:53 AM »

Hello
I am using 2018 Revu. I just tried doing a count and it's not totaling up in the count box on the top. I am using the Estimator profile. How is this supposed to be working in 2018? See attachment. You can see where I have several count check marks there.

StrevsLondon

Re: Count function not totaling?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 10:51:55 AM »

Hi,
Not sure why you're getting the error but I find the pure "Count" option restrictive.
By which I mean that if you want to count different items then you have to use different versions of the same drawing.
It's much better to take one of the symbols in one of the tool chests that can sequence count and use them (after either changing colour or properties).
This means that you can go through a drawing and count multiple different items which will all show differently in the CSV when you come to export.
Cheers
Paul

Guilty-Ham

Re: Count function not totaling?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 11:37:04 AM »

In 2017 the count is a little different in as such it works.  In version 2018, the count missed several items.  When I exported to csv the missing items were not in the subject area of the export port and I had to go back to the markup list and manually write them in.

I don't remember if the missing were even listed in the markup list.  I did tons of ductile pipe and fittings that were not exported.  I went back and manually counted the markups.  Scary to have that happen on maybe 17,000 lbs of large bore ductile.

Apparently this issue is not yet in the fix list of revisions for 2018.5.  I downgraded back to 2017 in a matter of days.  Time consuming to be going back and highlighting pipe footage and then fittings to see if the count is correct.

Be careful and good luck.