Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Highlighter Tool - Turn off Text Mode  (Read 178 times)

tsheldon111

Highlighter Tool - Turn off Text Mode
« on: March 19, 2024, 07:36:54 AM »

I am using the ipad app for markups. When using the highlighter on the desktop version of Revu, I can hold Ctrl and it turns off the text mode for the highlighter and makes it a free form highlighter. However, I don't have a Ctrl button on ipad. So I cannot get out of Text mode on the ipad. Is there a way to turn off the Text mode for the highlighter in the ipad app?

AliannaValery

Re: Highlighter Tool - Turn off Text Mode
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:12:03 AM »

I understand your frustration with the text mode limitation on the iPad app. While the desktop version of Revu allows for more flexibility with the Ctrl button. The iPad app currently doesn’t have a direct equivalent. However, there are a couple of workarounds you can try:

Freehand Tool: Instead of using the highlighter in text mode. You can switch to the freehand tool. Which allows you to draw freely on the document. This can mimic the free form highlighting you’re looking for.

Adjusting Highlight Color Opacity: Another method is to adjust the opacity of the pen tool to create a highlighter effect. This way you can draw over text without being restricted to text mode.

Request Feature Update: You can also contact the developers through the app’s feedback section to request the addition of a feature similar to the desktop’s Ctrl functionality. The more users request this, the higher the chance it gets prioritized in future updates.

I hope these tips help! If anyone else has found a different solution, please share your experience. :)