Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to Import markups into a Studio Session  (Read 18602 times)

wpiotraschke

Is it possible to Import markups into a Studio Session
« on: April 29, 2019, 12:27:43 PM »

Greetings,

I have a multi-page document with several markups on several pages.  I would like to import all of my original markups into a new session onto a clean document to then share with a colleague and continue editing from within the session.  Is this possible?  Or do I need to copy/paste page-by-page?

I don't want to put my marked up original document into the session, because I want to continue to edit the markups from within the session.

Thanks!

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Is it possible to Import markups into a Studio Session
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »

We don't use Sessions here (yet) but I think it should be possible.  You would just need to export the markups first from the "original" then import them to the fresh copy in the session - if that's allowed (that's the "iffy" part).  I'd just try it - export and import in the markup list "toolbar".  You might have to do it page by page.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:50:27 PM by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

wpiotraschke

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 03:19:15 PM »

Thanks Steve.  The import tool in the BB Session is ghosted out.  So I don't think it's possible.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 06:00:25 PM »

Bummer.  That’s what I was afraid of. But wasn’t sure if that was the case.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 01:20:27 PM »

One workaround would be to have two exact copies of the pdf, one in a Session and another outside a Session. You could then copy and shift+ctrl+v the selected comments to the Session version, this will hold references to the page. All selected comments copies would default to the person copying them into the Session, but this might accomplish what you are trying to do.

Not exactly import, but a spin off of it. You could filter all the comments as needed on the source or some variant of that to accomplish what you want or have more control.

wpiotraschke

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »

I did exactly as you describe.  It was a lot of pages.  Took about 30 minutes.  The Ctrl+A helped when selecting the markups in the original file as well.

One aspect that didn't work so well when pasting was the draw order.  Some of the markups ended up on top, masking other markups beneath.  Just a tip for others.

JamesW

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 05:25:38 PM »

Related question, but new to Sessions.

I have a 150pg PDF where I have over 50 pages marked up (outside of sessions). I was asked to add this file into Sessions for collaboration. My markups came in fine but they are locked even though they belong to me. Is there a away to unlock these for me to edit or do i need to reimport a clean PDF and copy all the markups over?

Please advise.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:37:03 AM by JamesW »

NvArchitecture

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 10:11:34 AM »

I have the same exact issue...had a sessions markup, then saved locally to add some blank pages for people to insert images.  Now all mast markups are locked, even mine.  Somebody please help...so frustrating!