Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Side bar taking up too much screen real estate  (Read 84 times)

kindlin

Side bar taking up too much screen real estate
« on: April 19, 2024, 02:38:43 PM »

In BB, you can quite easily customize what things go where on all 4 sides of your window, unfortunately, you can't adjust what those sides actually look like.

Specifically, on my portrait-orientated monitor, whenever I open a properties, or bookmarks, or search, or measure, or anything else, the entire side of the window pops out, even when the side bar content only fills a small fraction of the height. For example, I have just 6 bookmarks in this pdf, the bookmark list itself is only about 2 inches wide and tall, but if I ever open up the bookmark bar to actually use those bookmarks, it opens up the ENTIRE side view, which instead of 2 by 2 is now 2 by19 inches tall (or whatever my screen height is) taking up a huge chunk of screen real estate.

I wish each side bar, and even the bottom bar whenever you crack that open, only opened to as tall or as wide as necessary to view the content in that bar, which is often much smaller than the entire height or width of your window. As you open different commands on each side bar, the bar would expand and contract as necessary to show you the content.

CHARLIEEASTWOOD

Re: Side bar taking up too much screen real estate
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 04:35:58 AM »

If you drag the window out so that it is free floating, you can then have multiple tabs within this floating menu. You could then have this menu on the side and adjust the height to suit :)