Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: September 19, 2023, 01:40:34 PM 
Started by macktoast - Last post by macktoast
Question for the group regarding Text Searching a PDF. Have a document, 1429 pages, not protected. Searching for key word "Officer Station" and want to find that in the complete document. If I uncheck "Case Sensitive", and uncheck " Whole Words Only", and only select current page to limit the results, after the Search, no match have been found. Clearly, I can see 2 instances of "Officer Station" on this current page. If I search for "Station" it will find both instances but also finds Station as part of "Nurse Station", which I only want Officer Station. If I search the letter "r", it finds all the "r" on the page including the "r" in Officer. If I search for the letter "e", again same results including the letter "e" in Officer. Same results for letter "c", selecting all "c" included on page as well as the "c" in Officer. Now it gets interesting. If I search for the letter "i", it returns all the i's on the page except the "i" in Officer, but does find the letter "i" in Station. If I search for the combined letters of "cer", it will find the "cer of Officer. If I search for "icer" it will NOT find the "icer" of Officer. It will not find the letter "f" in Officer, but will find "o" of  Officer.  If I search for "cer Station" it will find both instances. If I open the page in a web browser and use the search function looking for "Officer Station", the browser will find both instances. I have OCR'd the page and received same results as listed above. Just wondering if anyone else has found search errors close to this.

on: August 30, 2023, 04:00:07 PM 
Started by livingthedream - Last post by livingthedream
It only prints the selected layers when I 'Print' and select "Print to PDF'.

Exporting as an image also works, but then I lose the quality converting back to a pdf.

Surely, as a pdf software, you should be able to export as a high quality pdf of the selected layers???? What is the point in hiding/showing layers if you cannot export them individually?

on: August 30, 2023, 04:59:23 AM 
Started by livingthedream - Last post by CHARLIEEASTWOOD
It seems like it should work with those check boxes in the layer tab... if life were that simple

Out of interest how are you exporting to pdf? Isn't an option for me. Thanks.

on: August 30, 2023, 04:48:19 AM 
Started by ballense - Last post by CHARLIEEASTWOOD
You're welcome! Glad you found a solution

on: August 29, 2023, 06:09:38 PM 
Started by livingthedream - Last post by livingthedream
I am trying to only publish/export selected layers of my drawing, however, all attempts to publish/export show ALL layers, even when I only have the ones I want selected.
Printing to PDF works, but it turns my floor plan "blotchy" and shades the walls different shades of grey in random sections. It doesn't look presentable.
Do I need to copy my document and delete the unwanted layers in order to publish the selected layers? Seems like a long way round to achieve what I need to do...... TIA

on: August 29, 2023, 03:34:04 PM 
Started by ballense - Last post by ballense
Thanks, Charlie.

That would work great (and thanks for that tip) if I were working with wall elevations, but I'm working with floor plans with sizes of the openings shown on the plan. After you mentioned "cutout", I thought, maybe I can do a perimeter line the length of the opening and give it a negative depth. Voila! It works and the negative area subtracts from the gross area! I'm happy!

on: August 29, 2023, 05:39:04 AM 
Started by ballense - Last post by CHARLIEEASTWOOD
Use area measurement on the whole wall (Control-shift-a), then use the polygon cut out tool to outline the opening (Found on ribbon in Tools-measure)

on: August 27, 2023, 07:41:32 AM 
When doing a takeoff for wall area, how does one subtract doors and windows?

Thank you,

on: August 25, 2023, 10:27:28 PM 
I figured out what my problem was. I put an invalid entry in the subject field. Once I cleared it out, it worked fine

I found it was simpler to use the Excel link feature (I have the Extreme version). It's much easier to use the link rather than create custom columns, especially if I'm working with several types of markups such as slabs with bars at a specified spacing or a beam with a fixed number of bars top and bottom. I would end up having different custom columns for both situations. Reminds me of parameters in Revit.

Anyway, I'm happy now.

on: August 24, 2023, 01:27:05 AM 
I'm trying to add reinforcing steel to my slab on grade. I can put in the spacing and get it to determine the lineal footage of the rebar, but I cannot seem to add the bar size and price per foot of each bar size. See attached. What am I doing wrong?
Also, I don't want to calculate total depth. How do I turn that off?
Thank you,

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]