Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bluebeam 2018.6 release stability  (Read 5157 times)

oldblue

Bluebeam 2018.6 release stability
« on: July 25, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »

Hey fellow Bluebeamites. I realize this is my first post so "Hello" everyone! 

Probably like the rest of you old time Bluebeam users, you started with Bluebeam when it was a streetsmart, overachieving underdog with a ton of tricks, (sure, a few fleas here and there, yes, but always eager to please and constantly chasing down those bugs with gusto).  Now we look over at Bluebeam and while it still can do the tricks, it was adopted by some well-off socialite and has become accustomed to the good life.  While it was recently dressed in a sharp new outfit, beneath the shiny new digs, Ole Blue has gotten a little chubby, his belly peaks out of his outfit a little bit and there seems to be a small, traveling colony of bugs(I mean fleas) that appear to be moving about 'ole Bluebeam's body beneath his fancy getup.   

All this to say that I, like the rest of you bemoan the fact that the source of free, crowdsourced help in the official Bluebeam forums was cut off.  I don't fault Bluebeam for doing what's best for Bluebeam, but I sure miss the days when I could just do a quick search through the forums and figure out that yes, that's a known issue and move on.  Now, I have to create a ticket and wait a few days to get any sort of answer of substance. 

Ok, rant over.  With all that off of my chest, I joined this forum to see if anyone else is getting anything out of the most recent 2018.6.0 release.  I'm about to install it, but wanted to of course, check the pulse out there and see if it is working well for other folks (and also if they've managed to fix things like the annoying minimum line width limitation issue, or crashing issues, etc).  Since there doesn't appear to be a thread on this, feel free to post below the results of your update for folks out there like myself that would prefer to hear real-life feedback.     
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:39:33 PM by oldblue »

oldblue

Re: Bluebeam 2018.6 release stability
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 03:48:27 PM »

Installation went fine.  The top bar of the interface does this weird wiggy thing where it flashes like it wants to crash when I grab the top of the window and pull it off of fullscreen, but other than opening some small files and testing out the minimum line weight issue, I have yet to put it through its paces.  And yes, the lines are still visibly ignoring any thickness change beneath .75.  That is, unless you flatten the line.  Then the line automagically becomes of the right thickness and you get to see how thick the line should have been, but of course, now its flattened.  Cross your fingers and undo.  Hopefully it doesn't crash.  If it doesn't, hooray, fortune has smiled upon you and you are then free to continue blindly typing in different thicknesses and then flattening to see the effect and trying again until you have the successful line weight.  Then of course you've broken the live line and if you ever want to make any changes, you get to draw the outline again.  Not frustrating at all.   ::)