Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I change a callout leader line thickness without changing the box thickness?  (Read 18741 times)

aprudder

I've been trying to make callouts without a box around the text. The only way I've been able to do this is if I change the line width to "0". However the leader line becomes too thick (I believe it defaults to a size of "1"). Is there a way to just change the thickness of the leader line and not have a box around the text?

Also, is it possible to customize the arrow head of the leader line with something other than the options in the "End:" dropdown list?

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp

Unfortunately, I don't think there is currently a way to do either of these things.  You can create custom line types - and I thought there might be something under create custom line types that could do it.  You can create a line style and select the "Scale with Line Thickness" option.  That will create a line that you can make thinner.  I thought that then you could apply that line style to the callout.  But the problem is that in the callout tool, the ONLY line styles you can apply are the built-in ones.  And you can't modify the built-in ones.   So I don't think you can alter just the line width of the leader arrow.

I also found this older (2013) post on the old Bluebeam forum where a Bluebeam reps says at that time custom line ends were not possible.  It doesn't look like they are possible now, either.

http://communities.bluebeam.com/showthread.php?5337-Custom-Style-Arrowheads-for-Dims-or-Lines

Hope that helps.

Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

aprudder

Thank you for your help. I've found that I can at least customize the size of the arrowhead in the link you provided, so that helps.

Do the developers ever visit this forum? Would they see a suggestion to add the feature of making the box around callout text optional or at least customized separately from the leader line?

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp

There are two forum members whose emails ends in "@bluebeam.com".  I don't know if they are developers or not.  I don't think I've ever seen them comment.  Since Bluebeam closed their Community Forum almost exactly one year ago, I've never heard anything from Bluebeam since I started this forum.

Update:  Just checked.  One person has commented twice, the other zero times.  One was last online in May 2017 and the other in July 2017.  So I wouldn't put much hope in them seeing anything.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:25:16 AM by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp