Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Revu Pricing Changes  (Read 12023 times)

B-C

Revu Pricing Changes
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »

So I'm not sure anyone cares but the recent price increases of maintenance are really unfortunate..

basically doubling the prices to companies that have been renewing for 10 years.

ran out the numbers and over the past 3 years the increases were over 150% for our company..
this ends up making it no longer a reasonable cost for the tool... on top of that if the trend continues it prices themselves out of the market at some point and only huge firms will continue to pay the cost.

just wondering how other firms have handled the New Maintenance cost changes!

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Revu Pricing Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:58:11 AM »

Well, as an end user in the trenches and not the person with access to how much we are paying, I can't really address any cost increase and how it impacts our operation.  We have, I believe, 50 seats of Revu Standard and at least one seat of Extreme (me).  I do know we have the maintenance plan.

I'm wondering if the sudden rise in fees, coupled with shutting down the Community Forums that had been running for what, over 7 years, is an indication of "financial issues" at Bluebeam?  It does seem now that the only source of formal support they have is via the phone - and only if you are paying for it.  The Community Forum was "free" and you could get help without the service agreement.  Seems they are pushing everyone to "pay or no help at all".  Another reason why forums such as this one are critical.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:47:19 PM by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Monringstar

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:46:53 AM »

Where can I find more information?

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 07:33:26 AM »

More information on what?
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

B-C

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »

More increases again coming down..

just did some math on our initial quotes and the numbers are going up again depending on the tier your in.

CAD renewal up 75+ percent for those with less than 50 seats...
Basically we purchased the bulk of our CAD seats in 2007/8 - at renewals were always $31 - great deal!
2015 went up to ~43 - then again 2017 $65 now up to ~$120

makes it difficult to budget when you expect 5-15% max increases and they didn't ever increase before.

Standard originally purchased in 2014 for $189 ($350 today) - now renewal is $99 every year
Extreme originally purchased in 2014 for $349 ($600 today) - now renewal is $150 ever year.

~ 3.5 / 4 years you've purchased a new version..
unless you've owned for a longer time...

then better to only purchase a new version every 4-6 years

the problem comes in with issues with their software and if you need cad plugins

Really think TurboPDF will work for us @ ~$99 it will probably fit the bill for 90% of our workflow.