Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Batch Plotting Secured Documents  (Read 16288 times)

bee

Batch Plotting Secured Documents
« on: July 25, 2018, 09:27:45 AM »

Hello!
I have been trying to find a way to allow others to batch printing documents that have seen secured with a password without having to give them the password.

I have tried using the allow "Filling in Form Fields and Adding Markups" and "Filling in Form Fields" permission settings without success.  Ideas?

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Batch Plotting Secured Documents
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »

In the PDF Security settings, select the check box "Enable Permissions to Limit Printing and Editing" and enter a "Master Password".  Once the document is closed and saved, then anyone can open it and print - but to edit you have to enter the Master Password when going back to security settings.   (if you put in an "Open Password", they will have to enter that before they can print).

Some Revu info here:
http://support.bluebeam.com/online-help/revumac1/Content/RevuHelp/04--Document/01--Security/Security%20-%20M.htm

I just created two 8.5x11 sheets, put some text on each, set their permissions as above, saved and closed, and then batch printed them with no prompt for a password.

Is this what you need?
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

bee

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 12:22:53 PM »

attached are screenshots of the settings I used and the error message I get when I try to batch plot.  I have secured the 3 drawings with the "Enable Permissions to Limit Printing and Edition" password only.  Saved the drawings with the security set but when I reopen them to batch print the attached error is what I get and can only batch them if I unlock them first.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:41:05 PM »

The error is in regard to inserting pages.  I'm not sure why batch printing would be calling "insert pages".  What version of Revu are you using?  Standard, eXtreme, CAD?  And what year - 2016, 2017, 2018?
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com

bee

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:45:57 AM »

Sorry for the delay in returning to you.  I am using Bluebeam® Revu® Version 2016.5.2.  Is there possibly something about how the BB was set up that might need changed?  The IT guys here install and set it up, but don't work with it very much so I don't have any help there.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »

The error window says the error occurs with "Insert Pages".  I don't know why the Insert Pages command would be called for batch printing.  Batch printing doesn't involve inserting pages into another file, that I know of.  Your permission settings seem correct for batch printing, but those same settings would not allow an operation like INSERT PAGES.  But again - I don't know why Insert Pages is being called.

You are using FILE > BATCH > PRINT to print?
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com

bee

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 10:56:00 AM »

YAY!  No, I was doing the combine then selecting to print.  When I did it through the batch option it works!  It REALLY works!!!  I was first shown printing in BB  with combine then print but you can bet I will be changing that immediately!  I could HUG you!

Thank you so very, very much!!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 10:59:34 AM »

Good to hear!  Yes - batch printing doesn't require you to combine the files all into one file first.  Just batch set the permissions of the files and then others can batch print the individual files but not make other changes.

You're very welcome!
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com

bee

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 07:25:39 AM »

Hey Steve, hope you are doing well…

Related to my original issue…I need to unlock a batch of PDFs. The password is needed to do any editing but is NOT needed to open the files. Here are the steps I have been taking:

1.   Open Bulk Icon, select Security
2.   Under Enable Permissions I enter the Password and Confirm it.
3.   I click on Add Folder and browse to the folder location. Then click on Select Folder.

Now here is the problem, before the drawings in the folder load I have to enter the Password AGAIN for each drawing individually.  Isn’t there some way to just Bulk Unlock them all at the same time?

Bee

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 12:24:34 PM »

It sounds like you want to batch UNLOCK several files (I assume all have the same password?).  But you are using the FILE > BATCH > SECURITY menu option.  I don't think you can do a batch "unlock" in that dialogue.  That's why it keeps asking for the password - it thinks you are trying to CHANGE security and needs the password of each file as it attempts to open it.  I do not think there is a "batch unlock password" feature in Revu.

If you enter that password all those times (once for each file you are trying to "batch") THEN you can make batch changes to them all -  such as removing or changing the password in that dialogue box.

What happens if you try and open all the files by selecting them in an explorer folder?  Are you prompted to enter a password just once for all of them?  If so - then just go back to this dialogue box and use "Add Open Files".  I don't have any locked PDFs on hand, so I can't try it.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com

bee

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 06:31:07 AM »

When I use explorer to browse to the files I cannot select the whole folder.  When I open the folder, I can only select 1 drawing at a time, which is basically the same issue of opening and unlocking one drawing  at a time.