Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Digital Signature Field - Inconsistent  (Read 10394 times)

kward

Digital Signature Field - Inconsistent
« on: July 13, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »

Hello people.

Using Bluebeam Revue is part of my workflow for a few things.
One of those things is obtaining digital signatures for finalized construction plans.
When I create a digital signature field I go through the exact same process every time.

However, sometimes the completed signature will come in rotated the wrong way.
I want the signature rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise.
It doesn't seem to matter what orientation I set when creating the signature field.

I have had it work correctly in the past when orientation was set to zero.
Which didn't make sense then because the signature was meant to be rotated 90 degrees.
But for some reason setting orientation to zero gave me a rotated signature which is what I wanted.

Today I went through the same steps and set it to zero rotation and this time it worked as you would expect and wasn't rotated 90 degrees.
I can't figure what I am doing differently and somehow I can get different results doing the exact same thing.

See attached image for the settings I use.

Hopefully the above makes some kind of sense.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Digital Signature Field - Inconsistent
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 06:59:23 AM »

Many times when things don't rotate the way you expect, it's not because of the rotation of the markup, but because of the rotation of the page and the view.  The PAGE and the VIEW can be rotated separately from each other.  I've run into this where I've gotten drawings from someone else and they've done some funky rotations.  If the view and page are rotated out of sync by 90 degrees, then a 0 degree rotation could make something visually appear rotated to 90 degrees.

Here's a link to Revu's help on this topic.  Not sure, but this might be the source of the issue.

http://support.bluebeam.com/articles/rotating-pdf-files-rotate-pages-vs-rotate-view-adding-text-to-a-rotated-pdf/

Hope this helps.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp