Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Revised drawings with changed names  (Read 9466 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Revised drawings with changed names
« on: June 27, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »

I have a drawing package of about 180 drawings total.  There are 4 addenda to this project and each one has about 80 revised drawings attached to each.  I am wanting to place them all into a SET.  This is normally not a problem.  However, the Architect has, for about a dozen drawings, made some changes that have me stumped as to how to bring in the revisions.

For example, in the original drawing set there is a drawing (named and labeled) "R-A321 - EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS - SOUTH (RESIDENCE INN).PDF".  In Addendum #1, the architect has changed that drawing's name to "R-A314 - EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS - SOUTH (RESIDENCE INN).PDF" and added a brand new drawing "R-A321 - BRICK COLOR LOCATIONS - (RESIDENCE INN) NORTH.PDF". 

So if I bring the Addendum #2 drawings into the set as revisions, the renamed drawing (from R-A321 to R-A314) won't come into the set and replace the original with the revised and mark the original "superseded" because the names don't match.  So I will have three files listed in the set after adding the revised drawings rather than one new and one "superseded".

Is there a way to manually tell one file to replace the other as a revision if their names/labels don't match, when adding revised files into an existing set?

Thanks in advance
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Jim H

Re: Revised drawings with changed names
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »

Did you try a search of the Bluebeam forums?    Oh, wait, ........ never mind.  >:(

What I do for a set, is always split the drawings and rename the files by sheet number. (R-A321.pdf, R-A314.pdf, etc.) I do NOT save changes to the original architects file.

They will at least slip-sheet/supersede correctly. You can easily cut/paste markups from one page to the other.
The reason I do this is I have seen files named
"R-A321 - BRICK COLOR LOCATIONS. pdf" changed to
"R-A321-BRICK COLOR LOCATIONS.pdf" which screws things up.
This slight change in file name is easy to miss.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 06:53:51 AM »

Yes - but my problem is that in the addenda process, R-A321 changed numbers (and name) to R-A314 and added a NEW drawing that used the previous number of R-A321.  But the R-A321 drawings are not the same drawing revised.  R-A321 and R-A314 ARE the same drawing revised - but with the # and name changed.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

Jim H

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 06:56:55 AM »

Yeah, I get it.
I guess what I have decided to follow as a convention is to supersede drawing sets by their sheet number, rather than what is on them, or what they are named.
Most of the time this works well.  Once in a while, architects screw things up and it makes life a little more difficult.  Thankfully, this is rare.