Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I save my tool chest to a survey so others can access them?  (Read 12754 times)

L3NTON

I create a lot of items for my tool chest that I now want other people to us and will continue to do so, can these be saved, say to a server, for others to access?

Regards

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Can I save my tool chest to a survey so others can access them?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 07:01:29 AM »

Yes, it can.  Just open your Tool Chest you want to share.  Then click on the small gear icon in the upper right corner of that chest and choose "Export".  Save the ".btx" file to a server where others can access it.  Or you can email it to others.  To do so they click (just click - don't click and hold down) on the larger gear icon at the top of the Tool Chest panel. A dialogue will open with an "Import" option.  (Note: You can also do the Tool Chest export from this window as well).

Note that when you IMPORT a tool chest, a "live" link to the tool chest is not maintained.  Any changes to the tool chest do not automatically get propagated to all users of it.  If you do want a "live" link, then click on the large gear mentioned above and choose "Add" rather than "Import".  You will be asked to define the path to the shared tool chest (on a server).  Now any changes made to the tool chest will get shared to all other users automatically.

More info is here:
https://support.bluebeam.com/online-help/revu2017/Default.htm#RevuHelp/03--View/01--Tabs/Tool-Chest/Manage-Tool-Sets--MTV.htm

Note: These instructions apply to eXteme 2017.  You can do it in 2018 - but things may have moved around some in the new interface layout.

ADDED: I think (but not sure as I haven't tried it) that once you place the Tool Chest on the server, you will also need to "Add" it back to your copy of Revu and use that as your Tool Chest.  That way any changes you make will go out to everyone.  If you don't "Add" it, then your changes will be just to your copy.  It might be safest to NOT "Add" it and just Export any new version over the old one after you make changes.  As long as you put the export in the same place with the same file name, I think the others will still be linked to it.  By doing this, you keep a "master" copy of your Tool Chest locally. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:17:57 AM by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

L3NTON

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 01:27:23 PM »

Sorry just realised i’d not replied saying thanks. Thanks, it worked a treat.

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:33:40 PM »

Glad to hear!  :)
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp