Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to open files on the ipad  (Read 11805 times)

Jwlewis

How to open files on the ipad
« on: July 11, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »

Looked all over and did a net search, can’t find any way to open  file located on my iPad.

Thanks

Jwlewis

Re: How to open files on the ipad
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 09:11:35 PM »

So I guess the only way to work with a file located on the IPad is to upload it to a cloud based service, wait for it to finish, then open that file in Revu for IPad, after creating the cloud based file service account in Revu, then open the file, wait for it to download the file, then you can view it.

This is a very unproductive and inefficient workflow just to view a file located on my IPad.

Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:23:05 PM »

Not clear what you are trying to do. You can open local files on the iPad in Revu, it just isn't like a computer if I'm understanding the question. The workflow is different so you have to find the file on the ipad, if it's in an APP or stored in a folder say Keynote. Assuming you have the pdf in the Keynote folder you open the file, it will open in the native ipad program, click on the sharing icon "box with arrow" and you copy it to Revu. This will open in it revu, and you might have to do the same dance to get it back where it was located. We do a similar dance with this sometimes weather it's on a cloud or we access through another app on our network drives.
Hope that helps.
Ipads don't normally associate files with programs so yes the workflow is different, but it is possible just a different dance..

Jwlewis

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 10:14:43 AM »

Awesome!
That’s exactly what I needed to know. Definitely not a very productive method for modifying files, but the IPad wasn’t my choice, lol.

I really appreciate the info!

Thank you!