Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Downloadable Tool Sets  (Read 160879 times)

Noel1478

Downloadable Tool Sets
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »

Thought I'd share lots of downloadable tool sets and stamps from bluebeam for free!

https://support.bluebeam.com/revu-windows/revu-extensions/#tab-mechanical

MajorNOLA

Re: Downloadable Tool Sets
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »

Noel1478, I am a low voltage contractor. I recently started receiving requests for design builds and I'm having trouble finding tool sets for AV. Also I need to mention that I'm very new to Bluebeam. Can you point me in the right direction for something for AV symbols? Thank you

richdup

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:58:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure users are creating tool sets that could be useful to other users, and it's very easy to export and import tool sets, yet I can't find any site where people are uploading their tool sets for others to download.

Is there such a site out there? If not, why not? Why not right here? Bluebeam shut down their official forum, is that to prevent sharing items like this, are they actively preventing people from sharing?

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 07:23:48 AM »

Bluebeam itself has some toolsets for download.  Check them out at:
https://support.bluebeam.com/revu-windows-2018/revu-extensions/#tool-sets

OrangeBlade also has some - you just need to sign up to access:
https://orangeblade.com/free-bluebeam-toolsets/

ArchToolbox sells some:
https://www.archtoolbox.com/store/archtoolbox-bluebeam-tools-and-templates.html

I've been in discussions as recently as last week with Bluebeam about their support / closed forum and I don't think they are trying at all to prevent users from sharing tool sets.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:32:23 AM by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

richdup

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 10:18:16 AM »

That's good to hear, and thanks for the links.

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 11:17:44 AM »

Hi, I attached a link of a sample of my tools.  As you can see, the union is highlighted and the Properties under custom column display a few of the columns I have on my excel sheet.  All of my tools are identified by actual look of the materials.  Pipe lengths are automatically calculated for cost length and labor.

When I hoover over a tool, it displays some of the info such as size, labor, cost.  The other information is used for filtering in excel by system, material, area, and bid item/schedule.  It does take some time to develop these tools but I strongly recommend to use tool chest as a bid/estimator takeoff.  It simplifies and automates the summary process in the long run.

https://i.imgur.com/6IxdCKO.jpg

BaltTB2017

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »

Hi, I attached a link of a sample of my tools.  As you can see, the union is highlighted and the Properties under custom column display a few of the columns I have on my excel sheet.  All of my tools are identified by actual look of the materials.  Pipe lengths are automatically calculated for cost length and labor.

When I hoover over a tool, it displays some of the info such as size, labor, cost.  The other information is used for filtering in excel by system, material, area, and bid item/schedule.  It does take some time to develop these tools but I strongly recommend to use tool chest as a bid/estimator takeoff.  It simplifies and automates the summary process in the long run.

https://i.imgur.com/6IxdCKO.jpg

Where did you get that tool set? I am looking for something similar for Fire Suppression Systems. I need to be able to lay them out from the main inlet of the building. Typically, the Sprinkler/suppression system needs the full layout to be done, and this look like it would be a huge time saver. TIA

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 04:33:12 PM »

I make custom tools sets for different Divisions that I estimate.  All my tools are custom made by me.  It would boggle your mind at what I have made in the last 4 years for tool sets.

BaltTB2017

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 05:25:31 PM »

Do you have anything for Fire Suppression? My boss has tasked me with seeing if there is a way to leverage Bluebeam for Fire Suppression/Sprinkler Systems to estimate projects. All of our guys are currently doing this by hand...yes...like pencils, highlighters, and scale wheels. I have a killer set for Fire Alarm that I have made, but not quite sure I want to do the same for Sprinkler. Thanks for the quick response.

Guilty-Ham

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »

Do you weight your material or price per foot and fittings? 

EDIT:  You need cast iron screw and groove fittings.  Backflow preventers, flowswitches, Di to 150 flange adapters, Gate valves, Tamper switches, tear drop hangers, uprights. side wall and pendants.

The pipe, I make so when you click on the tool and stretch it, it adds the length x what ever factor you want.  I like entering weights for DI and price per foot for all other materials.  A little complex to make it all work but I got the style baby!

It would also help if you have a brand/manufacturer you use more often for the screw and groove fittings.  It is easy to set up the data that way so it is not generic.  If you want, I can show you some more of the tools I made to give you an idea of what you could have.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:14:49 PM by Guilty-Ham »

BaltTB2017

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 06:08:27 PM »

That is a question I will have to ask. I honestly, don't know.